How SING&SEE can benefit your Teaching
SING&SEE is designed to complement your individual teaching style. It is not prescriptive, but provides a variety of feedback displays that you can use to focus on particular aspects of your students' voices as you choose. Some of the benefits that SING&SEE can bring to your teaching practice are described below.
- Enhance feedback
- SING&SEE gives information about a student's voice that complements the feedback you provide yourself.
- Facilitate self-directed learning
- By providing students with accurate information on their vocal efforts, SING&SEE enables you to set self-directed learning tasks for your students to follow.
- Provide a more compelling environment
- Let's face it, many younger students live in a world of computer games and technological gadgetry. SING&SEE gives your studio "advanced technology" that can help to attract and maintain the interest of students in this age group.
- Improve skill learning
- Research on using visual feedback in singing training has shown that it can significantly improve singing skills such as pitch ability.
- Increase your students' understanding of their voices
- The displays in SING&SEE - particularly the spectrogram - allow your advanced students to gain a greater understanding of how their voice is created, thus helping them to fine tune their instrument.